R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hotbodies tessman buggy and truggy = D8MT? Need help with conversion.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:46 AM
new2brushless
Tech Initiate

Hi again ive got the D8T as a Shorty truggy now saves me getting a body or body mounts for now. I like the look though. The body came from another tessman d8t i got for spares.

im in two minds what to as one d8t is much better condition im tempted to use its drive line first and if it fails swap the newer parts on. But if it doesn't fail ill have like new parts waiting and waiting. But not look so fresh lol.

I have the hpi vorza rear Tbone bumper for the rear i like that it doesn't connect to the tower. With everything else fitted to it. I hope it looks smart with MT shell. Mayb in the spring now.

i think im just going to get the Mx38 pre mounts now. No other tire seems worth it when i know i want badland mx lol. Ill use fishing line or something.

Also solderd the elecs for it now.

But theres some things in the chassis to address first.

I dont want to run it without chassis skin protection either but not a problem.

The main thing though was rolling the front wheels forwards. Spun the rears backwards. I think i must have had the diff in backwards so just rebuilding it now. I serviced the diff whilst in there this time. But the old oil was clear still but the bearings wanted changing so all good. As long as all wheels go forwards once togeher.

This is how i had the rear diff, is it backwards? I thought i copied the other D8Ts rear end. But i hope it will be sorted. Mayb the front is backwards or both was mayb im thinking. But thought ide swap the rear first as its the one ive removed before.