R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - First real interest with RC Trucks
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 03:11 PM
Billy Kelly
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HurpMcDurp
Thank you Billy that 2nd group seems like the right stuff. I hadn't even been able to look at the first no worries.
I feel what you mean about Traxxas, its definitely that entry level "walmart" generic but good enough kinda brand.
I'm pretty sure I'll be breaking my budge now learning some more. Maybe 500...

My links are not permitted yet I'm too new so below is a description of the 3 I've been interested in

Here is the only New in box I am liking so far
The Stampede 4x4 for 399 with a better stability controller

Here is a neat Gas converted to electric locally that I kinda like.
If you go to cragilist and search Flint MI for "RC" there is a purple painted truck that was a gas powered made electric that looks very nice for 400.

And here is a curious one, for 80$ its a gas powered but hasnt been turned on in a few years. ( this might be a fun tinker for the price, but I dont see anyone owning gas powered, is it a dying platform too expensive?
Same if you search Flint Craigslist for "RC" you will see a 80$ gas powered yellow dune buggy.
I’ve owned around 30 vehicles from Traxxas. I’m more on the positive side for them. I do see and understand the other side. But that a whole big discussion.

I was taught early on to be very careful about buying used fuel( nitro) vehicles. There are two types of nitro owners. Those that do maintenance. And those that don’t. They buy it for the noise factor. But soon learn there’s are lot more involved. Then one day it doesn’t start. So it sits. Then it’s a year or two later and now it’s time to sell. So they post it as “ ran great. Needs some work. Just don’t have time”. Or something like that. My local HobbyTown gets between 75-100 in every spring from owners that just put in on the shelf over winter.

I’ve only owned a couple nitro. Found out quick that in my suburban area. It’s was a no go. I’m not against them, I’ve just found that electric works better for me.