R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 11:00 AM
HarKonnenD
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rapid Roy
If you are trying to get your cars suspension set up, make sure that you are running your race body. Also try to run on the same type of surface you race on. Otherwise, use Hara's setup as a baseline and practice, using cones.
Believe it or not, both the track, the parking lot here, and the lot at my college campus all are asphalt. However, the track has more traction as well as my campus. Both are hardly sprayed, but the traction is great. The parking lot we were running at in the the pictures had low bite so we did slide around a bit.

sasonrc-Does anyone know of the effects of what the lower suspension brackets have on your handling? these are the plastic parts that have a 0 or a 2mm engraved on the inside. see items in plastic tree 73479 #4 and #2 (0) and #5 and #6 (2).
I never really took notice. I thought they were just spare parts. never really seen anyone experiment with these or actually ask, but maybe someone like Fast Harry, AMG, or Jag may have messed with it. Are you still racing at QURC? I'll be trying to get to there and Floyd Bennett. How far did you go on upgrades on the car?

Tabushi-Also, get spur gears, shock bodies, rear hubs and arms, dog bones, and body posts. They all come together on the parts trees, which is good so you'll be safe.