R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 07:05 AM
NutDriver
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default USVTA "organization"

I see posts about the USVTA "organization" and wonder how much those making the posts know about it. This "organization" is made up of two people. Both of then have full time jobs. Prior to the national points series that they started a few years ago, the received ZERO DOLLARS for organizing, maintaining, and updating the national rule set. Not one red cent. Since the inception of the national points series, they have received the exorbitant sum of $15 per competitor per year fir three classes and an overall champ. That means keeping regular tabs on submitted points for races and racers throughout the nation and updating national points tables and the website, updationg the Facebook page, working with Protoform on developing a legal tire for the class due to the HPI debacle, and working with body manufacturers on what is legal and not. At the end of the points season, they take the large majority (if not 100%, or maybe even some of their personal funds) for trophies, etc that they mail to competitors nationwide.
If you don't like the tires for the class, work with your race director on an exception to the national rules! You can get HPIs and you prefer them? RUN THEM! Of the people complaining about the national rules, I have to wonder how many race outside local club races. In my opinion, outside "big" races, the national rules are subject to interpretation and that the racers should work together with the RD at their track on exceptions.
Thanks.