R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 8ight 4.0
Thread: TLR 8ight 4.0
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 10:19 AM
WuNgUn
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the reply guys...
I'll replace the cups and drive pins.
Going thru my 3.0, there are a lot of worn out drive parts. But what I find a little disconcerting, is how the parts are wearing...
For example, the axle drive cups show wear on the shaft that rides INSIDE the hub carriers, as if the cup shaft was spinning inside the inner bearing race. Same goes with the outdrives on the diffs. Same goes with the front A-arm pivot bushings. They've worn out the arms instead of the shaft wearing out the bushing! Thankfully the arms are cheap...

Another good example, which brings me to my next question...the shock caps. They have bushings in them, BUT my cap mounting holes are all elongated from the bushing play. I have to replace the expensive cups instead of the cheap bushings!

So question, I assume it's okay to go with the 4.0 bleeder caps as long as I get the 4.0 bushings as well, seeing as I have to replace the caps anyway...?

As far as rebuilding these worn parts, I'm gonna use tiny amounts of Loctite or maybe a touch of silicone where the bushings mount on the O.D. to ensure the moving parts work as designed.