R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Atomic RC AMZ MiniZ Brushless 4wd Competitor
Old 10-23-2018, 09:39 AM
eR1c
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Okay,
the build is pretty much done, just waiting for the wheels to arrive.
I have all the electronics connected and working great, -love the Futaba receiver and that I can use my 4PX controller w/ all of the available settings.

My thoughts on the build,
overall this went together really well, only ran into 1 problem area, that was the motor adjustment pieces which I was able to remedy. Some things took extra care and thought (like the steering assembly, -I had to file down a few pieces to get them to the exact size that was specified and to work smoothly). Same for the A-arms, had to file those a bit to get them to move up and down w/o any resistance. I think, but may be wrong that building this kit is a better way to go than purchasing as RTR. I say that only because if you dont' take care putting this together and smooth some of the parts or adjust for the perfect tolerance I could see problems w/ this car. I also think this is not a kit to put together if you haven't built other cars, you really have to put your knowledge of RC building into practice w/ this one.

Okay, going to work on the body today.