View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 09:33 AM

suzukipro
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HOTROD716 View Post
I have been running this chassis for 2 months now and it has been a pleasure. Still working on a couple of setups for my driving style.

My issue: I keep losing left front wheel nuts more often than I care for. Once in a while right side ones. I am using TLR front rims and I have tried a couple of different brands of nuts. Any one experience this? Iím not opposed to replacing the output shafts on the front. Just not sure which direction to go.
My experience has been that if you're losing wheel nuts on the front it is usually due to the wheel hex stripping / spinning out or a loose nut results in the wheel hex stripping which creates future issues. I switched from TLR offset to the Associated offset wheels (this requires TKR1654X hexes up front) as there seemed to be ever so slightly more material in the wheel hex. I'm running a 5.5T motor and have even had this issue with the associated offset wheels even though I use blue loctite on the axle threads to help prevent wheel nuts from ejecting.