R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher's NEW Cat L1 4wd Buggy!
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 04:34 PM
mdl060374
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tuner
Hey guys, I'm new to RCTech in terms of being a member, but not to RCing in general.

I just purchased my L1 and ran it for the first time last night. I bought it to replace my Serpent SDX-4. So far I love the way the car handles and jumps, but I'm having issues with what sounds like a skipping belt. I'm running a 6.5t motor on a prepped indoor dirt track and not at full power yet. If I make the belts really tight to avoid the belt clicking sounds, the car runs really.hot. too loose and the belt slips. BtW, the trans, diffs, wheels all spin freely when isolated on their own.

I've tried setting the slipper to work together with a not so tight belt, but I still hear the clicking every time I blip the throttle to send the car over a jump. If I set the slipper too loose, then I can hear and feel that the slipper is slipping way too much.

I'm wondering if I'm pointing the finger more so at the rear belt, when it may be front belt that's slipping. Anyhow, any input would be great. Thanks.
make sure when you put the diffs in you didn’t install them with the offset backwards causing a crooked belt alignment on either end. I doubt you did this as you probably would have noticed visibly, but it could have been something that a beginner to the car missed.