Thread: Tamiya TRF415
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 07:30 PM
maxepower
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default RE: DROOP!

Originally posted by David J.
Droop is one of those settings that somehow ends up being difficult to transfer from person to person because everyone seems to measure it differently. There is one method I have found to be the most consistent. This method uses the top of the wheel axle as the reference point. To set droop with this method, remove all four wheels and rest the chassis flat on your tweak board. Using a vernier caliper with a depth gauge, measure from the top of your wheels axle to the tweak board. This tends to eliminate error that would otherwise occur when changing anti-squat or anti-dive or even raising or lowering your suspension blocks. Regardless of what you adjust on your suspension, your droop reading will remain consistent this way. It’s not 100% perfect because it can be affected if you make wild camber changes but for the most part it’s the least problematic.
Dave,
So how do you know what your actual droop is? I've adjusted my droop using this method in order to be consistant from side to side but don't you still have to measure from some other point to get a number you can compare it to or use as a start point? For example I run 4.5mm droop in the back and 4 mm in the front so if I wanted to decrease the droop 1mm will this be consistant with the numbers I am getting from the top of the wheel axle? I hope this makes sense!
Max V.