R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HB Racing D418 - 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 07:52 AM
AJrollin
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well got back from the track yesterday from all day practice(hard pack medium/wet clay track, traction would change during the day but it did not affect the car)), I drove my Xray, EB410 and D418 back to back and I have to say I really liked the D418 the most. Steering on the 418 was incredible but car was still completely planted, I was a second and a half faster with it than my Tekno simply because it just turns exactly when I want it to( I am a fairly aggressive driver). The 418 and Xray drove similar but the 418 felt more balanced and jumped notably better(more consistency). Now what is interesting is I have spent many sessions at the track getting My Xray and EB410 to drive as they are now, but the 418 was money out of the box was as fast with it on its first pack as I am with my XB4….. the car just drives very easy, but fast. The only thing I did to the 418 was 60 wt front shock oil and Xray 3 dot and 2 dot springs(because I had them from my XB4). I did feel the stock shock setup was a little soft, but a quick easy change. At this point I don't feel I need to do anything more to the car...this is a completely different car from the D413, I am truly shocked at how little attention this car is getting as it is really good...I guess Tekno and Yokomo are soaking it all up right now.

My setup:
Standard set up.
10/100000/10 F/C/R diffs
60 wt F shock Xray 3dot spring
40 wt R shock Xray 2 dot spring
Space Bar rear tire
Transistors front tire
HW XR10 pro
HB 8.5
Spektrum low profile S6240
4600 orion pack