R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - what 19t is the best?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 12:50 PM
stormperson
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Before and during the carpet nats I tested both the reedy and the C2 ALOT ( i also went back and forth alot at the novak race), and honestly, they are VERY similar. The reedy has crazy torque and you need to gear it up HIGH, around 3-4 teeth more than the c2, which can be hard espically on big tracks (ae drivers at the carpet nats were around 45-46/100 and when talking to one of them would have gone with a smaller spur except it would have messed with the car when he ran mod and thus he didnt).

The c2's are easier to get (at least they were at the times i was trying to get them, lol), and are pretty consistant from motor to motor, at the nats I ran a different motor in each of the a mains (normally is a big no no, however they all dyno'd up the same and were consistant on the track).

As far as what to do to them, I personally ran f-brushes with a vertical slot and red and green springs. Other people I know ran putnam green and blue brushes timed with great sucess, as well as the trinity xxx lemans brushes, I found 767's burned up and fell off with a minute to go consistantly enough to set your watch by it, lol. The nice thing about f's was that you can get more than one good run out of them in club racing and compared to xxx's or putnams they are cheaper.

just my $.02... You really cant go wrong though, just make sure to have your gearing correct, c2's and quad mags really like to geared high and run hot.