R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI MT2 Engineering Masters Degree, Help Needed....
Old 10-02-2018, 08:14 AM
VonDutch
Tech Rookie

Default HPI MT2 Engineering Masters Degree, Help Needed....

Hey everyone,

I've been tinkering away previously on a Nitro HPI MT2, I've enjoyed setting it up and backyard bashing it around.

Now I've started my first and Final year at university to bump my Engineering Foundation Degree up to a full Masters Degree, part of the degree has to include a engineering project that takes up 40% of the total mark.

As such, I was looking at taking a 3D scan of my model's body shell and RC car, conducting computer fluid dynamics assessments (essentially telling me where the airflow will go - around and through the RC Car) and wind tunnel assessments on the model as is, and then re-engineering a 3D Cad body shell design and 3D print, and then re-analyse the printed shell against the wind tunnel and CFD (Computer Fluid Dynamics).

What I'll be assessing is the cooling to the engine, the aerodynamics of the body shell itself and the dirt ingress into the RC Car. Looking to maximise cooling efficiency and reduce dirt ingress, whilst increasing aerodynamics of the car and bodyshell together.

Now the reason for this huge long winded post, is to see what suggestions and ideas, the masters (IE yourselves) would have to better the body / RC car.

I'm currently unable to add Pictures as i haven't made enough posts yet, but if you look at my albums there are photo's of the car on there, have you got any other suggestions or ideas?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Quinten.