R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Maximising engine characteristics.
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 03:10 AM
30Tooth
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroVein
What gave you the idea that it burns at 6,35m/s? The engine would be a complete dud with that burn rate.

You might confuse some things...
First of, do you want to make the most power or the most fuel efficient engine? They don't go hand in hand, just look at the tests they have done between sports cars and ECO friendly cars. The ECO friendly car runs as fast as it can around a track and the sport car follows behind, the sport car always use less fuel.
Second, why would the engine lose bottom end, and throttle respons from a quicker burn rate?
Third, if you'e running in to preignition you don't want to increase the head clearance (in itself).
6.35m/s is the average at that rpm I calculated but yes it's a mistake, should be half a cycle so burn rate 12.7m/s. Provided it burns until the exhaust port started to open,which I don't know if that happens . At this point I don't have any data that points where it stops burning but we know the average of fuel spent each cycle, from there we calculate how much fuel it has and how much air it needs I think.

I don't have an objective set in stone, if I can tune the engine to be effective at the tracks I race the better. I want an advantage by knowing what are the conditions the engine works at its best. This is the intention of this thread, to find out what is going on and have more understanding about it.

For a start I know that the engine performs the best when it's in tune with the pipe so knowing more about them and making the best of both in varying conditions would be a good thing.

Edit, the eco car was pushing the air in front of the sports car, lessening drag for the follower and it was driving out of the eco range. The opposite would be true, the sports car can't be as good as the eco car during normal driving.

Last edited by 30Tooth; 09-28-2018 at 07:25 AM.