R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB7 Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 11:19 AM
Knockoffracer
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by s14_tat
I did a conversion for all the plastic parts on my RB6.6 and the front gullwing arms are a direct bolt in. The front shock towers are the same, you compensate for the loss of droop by installing the lower front shock ends as per manual. You also need to get the revised front steering knuckle to take advantage of the new steering ackerman. The front bulkhead has a different part number but to me it looks identical, and it might only be different in the fact that you have a place to mount the front sway bar. I also shortened the rear wheel base by 1 mm via shims according to the manual. I only deviated by keeping my roll center links in the outer front holes vs the middle holes and I took the ball stud washers off to get as much steering as possible.

I ran this setup in at cruisin with rc last weekend, and it runs good esp with schumacher cut staggers in the front. I have a video of it on youtube.

You run Cruizin?? I'll be there Sunday to see the Points race. If I can get involved in club racing, I think that's where I would like to go. It's only a little over an hour from my house so it's close. Trains and Lanes is closer...

Steve has been a help with tire choices for my RB6.6 and DB-01. As well as battery help. I also like the look of the track. Should be a bit of a challenge fore as I've never driven 1/10 on an actual track.

What's the YT channel? I'll check it out

Last edited by Knockoffracer; 09-21-2018 at 11:29 AM.