R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XRAY T4'19 SPEC
Thread: XRAY T4'19 SPEC
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 08:23 AM
niznai
Tech Elite

Every company that can do that and getaway with it, is doing it. Real cars not only have minor changes from one model to the next, but even the same model launched in different countries is just a tiny little bit different so you can't buy parts from another country. Cornering the market as much as they can.

But Xray is pretty honest. You have had the T1,T2,T3, etc. each with a few upgrades along the way. They basically tell you when a car will change significantly.

Other manufacturers, not so much.

What you can do is be smart with your money. If you watch carefully you can tell when major changes are due with other manufacturers as well and buy a model that will be pretty much the same for say three generations. That means you can upgrade relatively cheap if that is what you want, by just buying the upgraded parts of following generations. When there are major changes, it usually costs so much to upgrade, you're better off buying the whole car.
If you want.
Personally I don't think any upgraded car over the previous model is necessarily faster/better/etc.
You just need to try to not fall for the hype.
Keep in mind a lot of people (even here) are paid to say things about new cars and not all are upfront about it. Watch out for people who get upset at negative comments.
I know what I want from a car and I'll buy whatever car offers that. Usually three-four years pass before I think I would like something or other that may or may not be offered by some manufacturer.

Last edited by niznai; 09-09-2018 at 08:41 AM.