R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - will VICTOR ENGINEERING ever return?
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 09:47 PM
fast-ho-cars
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by j21moss
well i hope it works good when you get it.. I got a IQ-SR. and would love to get it repaired.. I like it better than my turbo 35..
it was never designed to the load of discharging multiple packs of 3300's no matter what software mod was done.

a friend of mine who races offroad fried his cycling 3300 packs. no options on it worked. he told me he had some wiring, software, and fan mods done to handle 3000+ packs. by someone in Canada that used to repair these.

anyway, before he sent it off, i took it apart (lots of MOSFETS had to be disconnected) and found a 1/4'' wide stripe of circuit board THIN copper had fried. i rebridged the gap (13G wire) and reassembled it and no problems since. he now keeps a household fan on it when cycling. that would rarely ever happen on the industry standard Turbo-35. companies make money off these units.

Speaking of all those Mosfets, i would recommend popping your case and making sure the Heat Transfer cream, the white stuff between the Mosfet and the alumninum case isn't dried out and the screws are tight. this will insure max heat dissipation. any Mosfet that are odd colored..... change them. if your unit has become overheated you may have had something simply become unsoldered and not making good contact.

Last edited by fast-ho-cars; 04-19-2005 at 10:13 PM.