R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC EB410 Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 07:47 AM
Cain
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Something that may help others I have noticed in the Center diff / motor mount area:

- re-check the motor cam screws. I have found that even with a lot of blue threadlock, I have had the screws back off when running full mod. the actual motor mount screws though have been fine. I also don't run my motor super hot either, without a fan I am at about 140 degrees, and in general I run a fan on it. But it is a 5.5T. So just something to watch for, cost me 2 spurs.

- The Exotek spurs seem to like to drop there screws that hold them to the diff. I have gone more liberal on the threadlock than I would prefer to due to the screw hex size, but its better than toasting the spurs which are $$$. I would suggest if you can source more screws, put them in all the holes possible and recheck probably before a race day for sure.

EbbTide: you will like the 8 x 1.1mm pistons. I liked them other than a bit more pack than i wanted for our surface, but jump handling was better than my current piston setup.

Something I am thinking fo doing here will be a 6 hole piston setup, maybe 6 x 1.25mm or 6 x 1.3mm and see how I like its pack-to-bump-handling performance.