R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC EB410 Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 06:29 AM
EbbTide
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
It should be pretty close. One thing I forgot to note is that it was roughly 90 degrees ambient temp, so i could have probably gone a tad heavier (maybe 50cst) than I was and still be in that comfort zone. As a general rule of thumb, 15 degrees = 50 cst. Remember that's not exact science, just a ratio that we've come to use as a guideline.

Pro Tip # 345871: if you feel like your car is lacking punch half way through a race, use your temp gun to check the temp of your center diff. If it's extremely hot, time to go to a thicker oil! Extremely is subjective. My advice is to temp your center diff a few times after perfect feeling runs so that you have a baseline of what YOUR normal is. Everyone's normal may be very different!!!

Happy Tweaking!
I appreciate the tips Bob! Now I'm excited to see what i feel compared to my old 2x2.0 and 2x1.7 pistons. And I never had a clue about that center diff temp, I'll keep an eye on it as I do usually see fade toward the 8-9 minute mark. But it's usually my motor I temp and it's usually pretty warm.