R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What Adapter To Use For Charging Traxxas ID NiMH Battery?
Old 08-26-2018, 01:27 PM
TeamSkunkwerks
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Arrow Try this...

There should be a FEMALE end on the battery. If you had a male end, the contacts would be exposed & it's likely to short out or discharge if something were to come into contact with it.
1. Easiest way would be to just use a MALE TRAXXAS PLUG & BULLET PLUG on the other end. Plug the bullets (RED & BLACK) to the (RED & BLACK) output channel (either one) on your charger. Then plug the MALE end into the FEMALE end on the battery & charge.
2.SMS is a wonderful battery company & there's plenty of other options as well. If you're not racing, just get something that you can afford & has a decent Mah & C rating.
3. Well, since it was never used, I just check to make sure the bolts, nuts, & screws are all nice & tight. Might check to see if the tires have a flat spot due to sitting for so long. In the future, just store with the wheels just above the ground to avoid flat spots.
4. A battery is a battery is a battery is a battery. Just check that you have the correct voltage & chemistry (LIFE, NIMH, NICD, LIPO, & so forth). Also a good rule of thumb is to charge at 1C when you are not too familiar with the battery. For instance, a 5000Mah battery would be charged at 5Amps. The battery will last longer, but may take longer to charge.
For LIPO batteries, I never exceed 2C (although some can charge at a higher rate). Meaning that the 5000Mah battery, can be charged at 10Amps. And always, always, always BALANCE CHARGE each & every LIPO pack!!

Here's a pic of the leads you need. I hope it will be allowed for me to post, as I'm NOT THE SELLER.

https://www.ebay.com/p/14awg-Battery...3345259&chn=ps

Last edited by TeamSkunkwerks; 08-26-2018 at 01:38 PM.