R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 03:39 PM
MadMikeB
Tech Adept

Default Re: Just Bought A TC3

Download the full manual from www.TeamAssociated.com. The stock spur is 48P, 72 teeth. Lots of guys swap this out for 64P, but for outdoor, I've been told to stick to 48P unless you really know what you are doing and the track is always in perfect condition, any failure regarding meshing or foreign object damage will see your spur strip.

Download the manual and set it up like the manual says and you will be good to go for Stock racing for an initial setup.

Depending where you race there will probably be a heap of guys running TC3's. Run one meeting so everyone can see where you finish (probably near the bottom:-) then ask some of the really good guys about setup. You want to ask while you are near the bottom and ask guys near the top so that you won't be perceived as a threat. Basically you want to ask all your questions while your perceived skill differential is at maximum before you are considered a serious competitor, after which the answers could get a bit "cagey".

MIKE

Originally posted by mutley001
Hi Guys
New to this forum and just bought a FTTC3 as a car to race outdoors (i have a Mi2 to run inside). Like to know if there are any major modifications for it to be competitive, any tips or pointers on setups, tyres for tarmac etc? I only run stock at the mo on quite a fast, long track. What pitch gears come as std? 48? I have no instructions, is it possible to download them from anywhere?
Thanks for any help in advance
Paul