R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC ET410 Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 10:20 AM
RC*PHREAK
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong
I think the bigger question is what tracks are strictly following ROAR regulations?

TEKNO has already ignored some ROAR rules with the 1/10 4WD Truck class as it is.

In our area, the track owner has decided to allow the Trinity Punisher motor which is an "outlaw" spec motor, it's definitely the fastest spec motor on the market, but the main reason he chose to allow it is because the motor is under $80 and that helps keep the costs down for the class. There are too many spec motors that are close to double that price. If our club ever switches to a spec class, the motor of choice will definitely be the Punisher, at least that's the case already in the 17.5T and 13.5T buggy classes. For now we're starting with open mod in the 4WD truck class, that will help keep costs down by not having to spend another several hundred in lightened parts
other than the body/wing, which ones did they ignore?

i am NOT a fan of using SC wheels/tires for racing. that is what helped kill 1/10 truggy in our area about 8 years ago. at first it was all TT's and a couple of us had hobby people tempests. all was right with the world. most fun class i've ever raced. then the electric conversions for the ten-t came out. that prompted everyone to use 1/8 buggy tires. after that it became a free for all with people even using RC8Be's fitted with some sort of truggy/stadium truck body (can't remember which) and then the class quickly died in favor of 4x4 SC. IMO there are enough ST tire options that should work fine and guess what? if there aren't, everyone has to deal with it and tune with them.

KISS should always be the mantra when starting a new class.