R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novarossi p3 xs tuning
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 03:13 PM
22Racer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rustyuk
Hi my mame is josh i dont really sign up to forums. I have look all over the net for my help but i dont think i can fine it without asking personally.

I have bought a novarossi p3 xs serpent engine. I have put it in my hyper 7 and i broke it in with factory settings. Then i took it to the shop and he tuned it to 16% all was fine but i tried to start it a couple of days later and it wouldnt idle and kept cutting out after 2 seconds. If i gave it some throttle it would stay alive. I gave it a good run like one tank and abit and it had an extremly high idle and just wanted to keep moving without applying the brake. I know this aint normal so i cut it out and looked at the glow plug and it was black. I have looked at tuning guide but i cant seem to get it right. I can ever get it so judders on idle or high rpm after a run and wants to take off if lifted up. Can someone point me in the right direction please thank you.

Set idle gap at .7mm(.030") lsn should be flush and hsn maybe 1/2 turn in from flush. That might be close to start with but a little rich on hsn.

Rex

Rex