R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Cross rc demon build
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 09:46 AM
freaksofnature
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

I read that quite a bit. That scale RC is relaxing. I kinda see it but not enuff to make me jump in yet. It’s mostly from the lack of any good scale spots really in my suburbs. It’s mixed on the forest preserves out here. Some seem ok with RC, group located about 60 miles west few times a year comes this way. But some of the preserves have strictly enforced the “no motorized vehicles” rule. And take the preserve part to the full degree, issuing tickets for going off the paved bike paths.
The other is cost, I’ve got no problem spending but at almost $500 with electronics, that rough to justify. It’s on my watch list for winter as a possibility
the redcat everest gen7 (yes redcat) makes a decent crawler 99%rtr out of the box for under 300 for the pro (scale acc like roof rack, spare tire, sand ramps, tools and jerry can)and 200 for the sport (none of the above mentioned items). they both come with basic 5000mah 6 cell nicd battery and a basic wall mount charger. i got the pro for the sport price from my lhs cuz it was a open box and demo rig. and as much as everybody bashes redcat mine does pretty well. the only thing i have changed is the radio ( put my dx3c in for the 3rd ch for my winch) esc (castle cuz its got better settings) and motor (integy 35t cuz the stock motor was to fast for me) and this thing goes the same places my old scx10 went with no problems