Thread: Handout motors
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 01:10 AM
Roelof
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
its an interesting question. .
Is it?
From what I have experienced is that most alternitive competitions are setup due a dislike of the rules of the main organisation like ROAR. Athough rules are proposed and voted in a democratic way many racers find themselves unheard. And from what I have seen wit many AGM's I have attended in my country and on EFRA level is that most people at the AGM are not backing their drivers, in some cases they think they do right but in other cases it is most of the time for themselves or their sponsors. And do not forget that many drivers have no idea or have no interest to have an infuence on how the vote must be done.
Weird enough competitions like ETS and ENS have no democratic influence from drivers and are yet most populair.....

Another reason has to do with starters, they think they have no fun with a 100 page rulebook while only a few pages are important for the basic rules like weight, dimensiones, motorrengine limits etc. The rest is needed to close gaps in the rules and outrule other possibillities.
Funny thing is that I have seen a starting competition close by. Finally the feeling of competition did pop up with many drivers and they did see that some things could be unfair so the list of rules did became larger......