R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC ET410 Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 05:40 PM
billdelong
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
No plans for hex adapters to fit zero offset wheels. They'll fit, but be way narrow. you'd need an adapter that's about 12mm wider than stock.
Not sure why your tire wear is so drastically different between those treads. Is your SC 2wd or 4wd? You could also try JC tires.
Thanks for info, didn't realize the Slash offset was THAT far out, I'll suck it up and look for some JC wheels with the Slash offset.

I'm comparing tire wear between 2WD ST (7.5T motor) with ProLine Prism Z3 against 4WD SCT (550-4300KV) with ProLine PinPoint Z3

Something about 2WD tends to cause the rear wheels to wear faster on turf, folks are reporting faster tire wear on 2WD Buggy vs 4WD Buggy too... used to be 2WD buggy was the most popular class but now 13.5T Wheeler is the main event every week. Presumably because 4WD tires wear longer at our club.

Nobody has any definitive reason why, but some folks are thinking that 4WD is more efficient with less tire scrub.

The biggest factor in longevity between Prism and PinPoint is the pin length... the Prism is very small, and once the pins start to round off, then traction dies off pretty quick... Pin Point is a really long narrow pin which can dig in deep into the turf... with a fresh set of pins, the car tends to be VERY twitchy where you need to dial back the D/R, then over time as the pins start to wear, then you can add some D/R to where the pins eventually wear down to the size of rounded Prism pins and that takes roughly a year of racing to get there

As far as JC tire compounds go, they don't make anything nearly as hard as the Z3 that ProLine sells... on turf, you want the hardest compound possible so the pins don't fold over, harder compound gives better traction and longer wear life

Only drawback to Z3 is that they are such a hard compound that they can be VERY difficult to glue, sometimes I will run a path of glue around the wheel bead first, then quickly snap the tire onto the bead before the glue sets up, ha!

Last edited by billdelong; 07-27-2018 at 05:50 PM.