R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB2 2WD Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 10:27 AM
Chaz955i
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowdoughracer
I am looking at starting racing at Racink eventually, and was looking at the spec buggy class. What aftermarket parts would you suggest to make a XB2D'17 work well there, and what springs/oils/all of that are you usually bringing with you to adjust to a normal race day? I really appreciate the help!
I'm running all kit parts, including springs. Racink is very low traction while being bumpy so it took a little time to find a setup that worked for me as the kit setup still seemed geared to a surface with higher overall traction.. Generally, I'll run really light damping F&R to help the car follow the bumps and a little higher roll center and ride height to help it drive the tire into the track rather than the body roll just getting sucked up in suspension travel. Also, took out 1 degree of rear toe and am running the rear inside pins flat so no anti-squat.

Sop by and say "Hi" the next time you are at the track. You are more than welcome to check the car out. Right now the only person running XRay at the track so I'm easy to spot.