Old 07-23-2018, 07:19 AM
ground-round
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Originally Posted by old_dude View Post
As part of the build crew for the Gate we really appreciate the comments on the layout. Summer Slam is a unique event with the focus on fun and usually a layout that is a little goofy on purpose (Ring of Death). At the Halloween Classic we definitely take it a little more seriously but we still want to focus on fun. When we do the HC layout 10 car mains will be a focus as will a real straight.
I would like a opinion on the use of ice and dots on the layout though. We always have a lot of discussion about those and flapper corners when we do a design.
Its your track and anything you put down will be the same for everyone. I plan on attending the HC regardless of layout, but I'll offer this...The Gate is a famous, iconic track and I'm glad I finally got to visit and cross "Racing at the Gate" off of my R/C bucket list. Do you want to remain iconic because of the talent level that comes to your track and the caliber of races you put-on or become known for gimmicky tracks? Using a golf analogy, you don't go to the Masters and expect a windmill with a clown's mouth to putt into.