R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Radio Shack Lamborghini Countach Modernization
Old 07-16-2018, 08:23 AM
QueadlunnRau
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by addiemonster
The Tiger was the last birthday gift I ever received from my godfather, who sadly died just months later.

Thank you so much for this, you've really helped me reconnect with a part of my childhood I remember very fondly.
That's actually what inspired me to do this as well, my Dad passed away last year and sitting down reminiscing one day I browsed around eBay for the first RC Car he got me and luckily found this one for a great deal.

At first I was thinking of keeping her stock true to what my Dad got me, however knew that if she was stock with the limited 27MHz range I would just shelf her, making it modern makes it much more enjoyable so she doesn't just sit on a shelf.

One thing I sorely miss is the first hobby grade RC my dad got me (RC-10T), had to work a full summer landscaping to earn it, like a dumb arse later on in life I dusted her off from being in storage many years, took it to Ft. Casey in Washington state to drive her around, left it at our picnic site and came back with it missing. =( I would pay $1,000 to the guy who stole it just to have that exact one back.