R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - what type of 1/8 monster truck do most people buy and want to buy ?
Old 07-14-2018, 09:29 AM
Cardiak
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlowLST2
I have been running my 8T v3 for awhile now getting the engine broken in.. AND getting used to the truggy feels. It’s my first truggy and having come from ST and MT background, it’s been a different experience. True off-road bashing is probably best suited to full-on monster trucks like the LSTs. The traction and ground clearance is so much better than truggy. I’m biased to the LSTs... I’ve had a couple of T-Maxx trucks, which were okay.. but they were nowhere near as rugged at my LST2. Savages seem to break more often and are harder to work on. A friend had one - I could never run with him because his savage (.25 model) would almost always break within the first 5 minutes.

I have my pair of Traxxas stadium trucks, a pair of LST2s, and an 8T truggy. Probably all I’ll ever have for trucks besides boats and planes.

A Nitro rustler is pretty brutal with a 3.3 Engine in it - way overkill.. but with Jato suspension arms and some tall gearing, it’s actually pretty stable at high speed.
Do you have any videos of your 8T yet?