R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Dissecting buggies and their performance.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:34 PM
Ricardo_d99
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MattDickson
I’ve been racing the Mugen mbx7r and I’ve just never been able to tame the rear end. It always feels incredibly loose and never stable. I’ve tried different setups, reached out to the pros for advice, etc etc, and still no real difference. Ended up turning my radio dual rates down to 70% just to keep some aspect of cornering stability.

In your opinion, for someone looking to make a change, what platform would you describe as more stable, consistent and easy to drive?
as @30tooth mention above the problem comes from the short lower arms and the long upper camber links and some solutions I found ( @30tooth correct me if I’m wrong please )
•running the camber link lowest possible on the tower ( higher roll center )
• using the camber link shortest possible on the tower. ( as mention by 30tooth)
• minimize the distance between the out drive and the outer hinge-ping on the arm vía the hub
• running the right amount of camber no too much or too little
• using the mbx7-t hinge pin which is narrower than stock combine with the mbx6r arms that are longer than the mbx7 ( car keeps having the stock track width ) part #: E0150 arms , hinge pins E2127, E2128.
• buy another car
all of those should help tame the rear a bit , also sometimes asking the pros helps , but other times it might get you more confused, not all pros know car dynamics and theory , they just do trial and error until they find “the setup” rather than go on and do what @30tooth does and apply actual theory , acknowledge and physics into these toy cars.
cheer