R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2005, 09:02 AM
Jmccormick
Tech Addict

ALL cars have thier own unique characteristics. In some cases what works with one will not work on another like the TC3 and TC4. It all boils down to getting to know your car. And I agree that just changing a chassis from a factory unit to an aftermarket unit is not the so called cure all as stated by some. When you have slop in your suspension an aftermarket chassis wont fix that however shims will and I dont realy have a problem with having to shim to get it right but I bet in the future associated will have that issue resolved. And a aftermarket chassis wont fix the fact that some cars have a different feel to them and will suit some drivers style of driving better then others. This is why I dont believe in copying another drivers setup and expecting it to work. yes it's good to listen to others to see what types of adjustments will work and how they affect your car but YOU need to test and expierement to see what works and what doesnt. It's funny how many monkey see monkey do racers there are and all they do is use someone elses setups and dont take the time to work with the car and then complain when they are slow and do nothing but blame the car.