R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB8
Thread: Xray XB8
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 06:12 AM
symmetricon
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gt racing
i checked his post race post, nothing found in there about his buggy in details...
my guess is, some of you xray team guys got offended in a way (which was not my goal) but i have the feeling that you got my point.
its not only xray, its almost all manufacturer except jq. sad but true.
no really in depth in detail about the main product they sell.
https://teamxray.com/xb8/2018/en/#18, it seems to me they made an depth detailing the car to me...

a manual to build a car with some advices in there is WAY not enough anymore. itīs not 1995 anymore. set-up book from xray is outdated, partly wrong and not in special made for xb8 ī18.
set-up data bases are (and thats my oppinion) useless, because there is sooo much room and difference in wrechning and building a car, even if this 2 cars are build to the same set-up sheet, they can handle completely different because of a different user/mechanic.
which brands oil used, how worn out is the car, etc etc.
people tell: " i tryed this īn that set-up, didnīt worked for me" or "how in the hell can he be fast with that". i know why.... because itīs just not transferable from car to car because of so many parameter that will be different even if used same set-up sheets.
All the Xray guys at Roar were running very similar setups and for the most part, Xray did quite well with the car. Are you saying even though they have very similar setups, their cars all drive differently, and how would you know this?
hope some of you get the point, i try my best not to offend xray or xray driver, itīs a huge issue for others as well. as i work in the aftersales division for volkswagen i do get the point very good and customers wishes
i argued and shared my thoughts always with the distri and xray factory back when i was driving xray as a national team driver.

Are you asking a question or making a point?