R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 8ightX
Thread: TLR 8ightX
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 01:31 AM
ASA
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jersey
I don't know how thick the tuning kit chassis is but one track layout I practiced a lot on the tuning chassis was to flexible for all the jumps my chassis flexed so much on the layout and was burning marks in the tank. I know that can happen If the motor comes loose but it wasn't loose at all the chassis was to flexible on that layout so if the new chassis is around that thickness that extended motor mount would help with that.
The tuning kit chassis pretty much starts life as a std 4.0 chassis but is mostly milled down to 3mm and then has way more pocket milling, a few extra holes for diff location,etc...compared to the 4.0 and the new X..... its like comparing apples with oranges.... two completely different animals and layouts. The new X is incomparible to the older Losi's and can probably no longer be called an evolution of the ol 2.0 as it is so far removed from the old designs that not too much has been re-used(design wise) and that we are pretty much talking about a brand new buggy on the market