R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 12:17 PM
Vujkovicv
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
I retrofitted a 6.1D transmission onto my B6. Had to drill 4x new holes. The two for the transmission didn't go very well but it works. I also found that the B6 slipper self-locates once tightened. Don't forget the .5mm washers between the motor plate and the transmission housing if you don't use the spur-gear guard and DO NOT forget to use the suggested 10mm (9mm would be even better) screws to mount the transmission. Anything longer will distort the transmission case and lock up the idler gear. I believe this is a root cause of binding on the stock car. 10mm might still be a hair too long
The chassis is not the same. B6.1 is a tiny bit shorter. It just doesn't make sense to convert. You'd have to spend way too much money to get it the same as the new car. And the new car feels way better, so it's definitely worth to get. I sold my old b6d as a roller and took off some nicer upgrade parts and sold those separate. New car ended up being just over 50 bucks. I figure it's gotta be at least 200 to properly convert.