Old 06-17-2018, 09:46 PM
PutAwayWet
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 16 June 2018 Race Report

It was an unlooked for joy to see Kyle Bradshaw join us yesterday. Our Wednesday night Hangar 30 race director is seldom seen during our summer season. He's a busy father and husband with a demanding job and a wife with a big time career of her own. So, full days away from home on weekends are a precious commodity. That he decided to spend one of his with us is deeply felt compliment. Our race day was his Father's Day treat for himself. And for his trouble he took a hard fought 4th in Scale Spec. Thanks for joining us, my friend!

That pretty much sums up my feelings about the day, and this season, so far. Every race day has been a joy. We're pushing each other as hard as ever, the track has been yielding up fantastic conditions, and we are walking away basking in a golden glow as the sunlight angles down through the trees. And, no lie, we get to keep coming back! Right? I mean, that's the thing, we get to keep doing this. We've worked hard for it, but as hard and long as it took to get it built, it's better than I hoped it would be. Speaking for myself, maybe it's because the whole time I was focused on the details of the track, the process, and fighting through doubt as to how and whether it would ever come to be. But the end of day quiet when the racing is done and we're slowly packing up and talking through the day's events—that wasn't in my imagination before, and yet it's one of the biggest rewards. I'm sure it's the same for clubs everywhere: that quiet evening feeling after a long day of work and action. But this one is ours, and I want to keep coming back.

Happy Father's Day to the dads out there.

The RC Scoring Pro link: RC Scoring Pro | Saturday Club Race June 16th 2018 Results | Seattle RC Racers

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Mains 16Jun2018.pdf (240.4 KB, 67 views)
Q1 16Jun2018.pdf (281.2 KB, 15 views)
Q2 16Jun2018.pdf (295.1 KB, 20 views)
Q3 16Jun2018.pdf (290.9 KB, 18 views)