R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Inferno GT3 or XRAY gt
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 01:02 PM
scary_jerry
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by danny250r
Torn between the two looking to get back into gt racing I’m a huge XRAY fan but hearing good things on the kyosho. Any input would be great thx

Both will require 'tweaks' to get better 'caster' specs. I haven't tried my new ''4° carriers" but it's on the adgenda to 'fix' my GT1 and GT2 Kyosho. The new carriers are listed as 'compatible' for both the original and newer GT3 animals.
I'm not sure what, if any new developments are coming from XRay for the GT. The guys that I have seen running XRay have been doing the 'secret laboratory' type stuff to reduce 'caster'. An XRay I saw run at the PROTOFORM Innaugural race in Fontana was still 'tweaking' at that race and then went on to a '1st place in GT8' at Speed World Raceway in Roseville, CA.
Unless Kyosho comes up with new gears for their '2 shoe trans', you're limited to 'pinion tuning'. (I'll be putting one of my old 40/46 gear sets in an old trans for fun.....the shift is a HOOT)
A guy I saw running the MP9/TK14 offroad said that leap for Kyosho was GREAT as far as he was concerned for the new design. The GT3 will only be 'awsome' if you can get it to 'TURN' .
I haven't heard from anyone running the GT3 yet but I know you can't pry the XRay GT out of the hands of the drivers I've seen running that car.
My primary car of choice is the Mugen MGT7. I had the Serpent 1.0 but chose not to get into the sequential model changes. I'm up to 1.0+ (brakes, trans mounts, '10/0', now '0/0' carriers)