R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Foam tyre TC setups
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 09:58 AM
DesertRat
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleburr
Yeah indeed. Back in the 90s it was slow brushed motors, cells short of capacity, heavy cars, soft indoor foams, and crude heavy cars with big shocks, high CoG etc.

Things have changed a lot. I'm basically running a high-grip indoor (rubber) setup on my foam car and it's awesome. I've tried going stiffer on springs and it just becomes edgy and has less grip.
I'm not saying that it cant be run or cant be fast (at least in comparison to rubber) but if foam starts to run seriously on indoor carpet, the chassis requirements will mean we will have different cars for foam and rubber. There was good reason all of the foam cars were tossed onto the shelf when there was no more foam to run. Everything has changed but it's all still the same... how long into a foam racing season will it be before someone starts wondering "Hey, I bet a different top-deck would work better with these foamies..." and then the real fun begins.

On asphalt, none of this really applies, but on that gluey carpet its another story.