R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hyper .21 engine issue
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 12:02 AM
Ramzies007
Tech Rookie

Unhappy Hyper .21 engine issue

Hi,

I have a 1:8 scale Hoabo Hyper 7 TQ buggy. It Has a Hyper 21 engine. After braking it in. It was running very well. One day Engine got flooded and I had to take to glow plug out and maybe there was some debree and glow plug went side ways and it may have stripped the ignition chaimber threads. After that it was hard to screw the glow plug in straight. I start noticing the engine was stalling when i hit full throttle. I was using stock Hoabo T4 glow plug which came with the engine and I replaced it with Prolinx T4 glow plug still it was same and when I had a closer look i noticed bubbles forming around the glow plug. I checked engine temp which was okay. After searching on the net I ordered a new burn room and replaced it but still no luck I still can see bubbles.

At the same time the buggy started to roll off and was not stationary when idle. To see one of the clutch shoe has come off. I have fixed that. This is a turbo engine with crank off pull starter.

This is my third nitro rc buggy I have two more nitro rc cars 1:10 scale short course and a buggy where I don’t have any issue with.