R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - WTF (Wild Turbo Fan) - OEM?
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 04:14 AM
JC3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by disaster999
So after more testing and checking ALL my WTF 30mm fans, it seems like the fan I showed in my video was the only one having a problem with the motor's magnetic field. The rest of the other WTF fans spin just fine even touching the motor casing.
My newly acquired WTF 30mm fan will stop dead when in close proximity to certain parts of the 12T brushed motor in my Traxxas 4-Tec. At first I thought my fan was bad and ordered another one till I figured it out. lol Can't get too close to the motor! However, I've noticed that there are certain spots on the 12T motor that have much less of an affect on the fan. Perhaps this is the gap in between the magnets. For some reason, this doesn't seem to be a problem with my TSR brushless motor. Although I haven't tried moving the fan closer than 10mm or so or in different positions around the TSR motor. Fan works great on my TSR.

On another note, Can anyone tell me what the square blue piece of plastic (might be clear plastic with blue protective film) that comes in the bag with the fan is for ?

Last edited by JC3; 05-30-2018 at 04:27 AM.