R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TEAM ASSOCIATED DB8
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 09:59 AM
rcuser123
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just got myself a nomad! Wanted something fun to bash but with the desert buggy look. Was between this, the 1/5 losi DB xl-e, and 1/10 losi ten scbe (or tenacity db, newer version but plastic chassis).

Nomad - durable, not a new design but robust and just works, like the look of the blue aluminum bodied shocks and metal chassis, center of gravity is a little high with the thick body sitting higher up. Parts readily available being based on the rc8.2 and others

DB xl-e - looks the best imo, but too fragile, weighing 35lbs it doesnt jump well as the chassis slaps hard (only good on low horizontal jumps) and hitting a tree usually breaks something, parts are $$, due to 1/5 scale, less places to run it. Would be exciting at first due to sheer size, but then cost of ownership and maintenance will take its toll.

scbe/tenacity db - really designed for 2s with the 3800kv motor, I would be running 3s so didnt want to deal with hot electronics and later changing to a 2500kv. lightest of the 3 so lands with less authority. plastic shocks. $400-450 for a 1/10 scale is a little pricey. I have a 1/10 rustler vxl, so wanted something a little different.