R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RCGP - Nitro Buggy, World Series
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 04:07 AM
DIME:RC
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NitroVein
Well, the market isn't supporting it's own weight right now. If you want an elite team at the top that does it for a living, then money needs to poor in.
It's the same way in many (motor) sports, MotoGP, WRC, WRX, SuperBike, F1 etc etc.
It takes a shit load of money, and if you can't pay for it yourself someone else needs to. But how are you going to sell that if the top drivers are out running some club race instead of each other, where it could be sold to the media...
And no, I don't think it's for the different brands in RC, they had their chance and blew it. I believe this is the drivers taking control of a market that's out of control.

I would be surprised if this isn't the brainchild of JQ, most Americans seems to be slaves to the economy instead of controlling and understanding what they have created and live in. But I could be very wrong on that point!!
i think it’s a European driver(S) idea tbh. Ronnefalk, Batlle and JQ have been promoting it a lot for the past few weeks.

i went by my assumption of teams thing because if you look at the ‘teams’ menu on the home page. There are stuff like. Mugen International and Mugen USA along with AE Europe and AE USA. Then team that up with a Hot Race team and team futaba and it seems to lead to not just chassis manufacture based.