R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team ORCA USA Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 03:04 AM
jgil089
Tech Regular

I have read back through this thread but can't find the info I'm after. Some posts have some of the info but not all (eg timing and FDR but not ESC and class). Also this sub-forum is in the onroad but I can't find a comparable one in the offroad...

I have just bought a B32 and Blitreme 17.5T for my Kyosho Lazer 4wd buggy and have some questions. I have been racing just over a year so some of this will be basic, also I dont have a motor analyser.

Timing - it looks like around 48deg is a good place to start? Seems to be in the middle of suggested ranges, is that about right?
FDR is currenlty 6.5 which was right for the Trackstar Turbo 80a and v1 Trackstar motor (I know, but cheap and cheerful to get me started!). I'm picking I can got for a lower FDR/higher gearing with the new Blitreme? What are others running for a mid sized clay track? (Club runs 8th and 10th scale) I have a range of spurs and pinions so can finetune based on motor temps, but need the start point.

I see people mention changing the screws to ones with a different material for higher rpm? Really? Whats with that, and why wouldn't Orca have just supplied the better ones to start with? Is it a tradeoff for higher rpm/less torque like changing the rotor or magic or what?