R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Advice for Drop Shadows
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 10:54 PM
TheRcworld101
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I am so happy I found this thread because it hits exactly where I am having a little difficulty, I have only been airbrushing for about a week and have done 3 bodies so far. And I was having a little bit of a headache getting the consistency of the paint to spray well and not get a runny look to it. I am using a Master G444 airbrush, with mission models paint..Now I am not sure if my mistake is that I am using regular colors or I am thinning to much..When I mean regular I am talking about non translucent. so for example for my shading I have been using mission models black part #MIOMMRC-002 (purchased from amain hobbies). And when I thin it I am using a small mixing cup and pouring a little bit of paint and then using water and mixing it to where it gets a consistency of milk, to the eye and is watery but not to much. When I do my shading I lower my psi to about 20 and get close but if I try to spray and get to close it runs and I have to be really careful how close I should stay to the body. Again not sure if it's the way I am thinning, my needle setup or what. Have been able to shade ok..But want to get way tighter and way more precise.

Here is some work I have done, maybe someone can give me some tips on what to use for thinning paint instead of water, shading tips and stuff. Open to learn!