R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TT02 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 09:38 AM
Mini35
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rc_square24
Hey guys, looking for some advice here.

I've had a few runs on my TT02 and I noticed that it has unequal on power steering. It tends to push to the left much more than it does to the right, it is especially noticeable when coming around a right hand sweeper. It can make nice tight left hand turns but pushes on the other direction.

I've checked the car on a setup station and everything seems to be more or less equal on both sides (considering the slop it has) including steering throw. Also the car seems to have equal left and right steering when doing low speed circles on the ground.

I also checked for tweak and the car seems pretty straight. It also tracks straight on the straigtaway.

When I punch the throttle with the car in my hand, it pulls down towards the right rear wheels. Could this be torque steer thats fighting the rotation of the car when it's steering to the right on power? (Car tries to lean to left but the motor torque is doing the opposite)

Haven't owned a shaft driven car in a long time, anything I can do with setup to alleviate this or do I have to adapt my driving to it?

Right now I have to go off throttle early before the turn to allow it to rotate.

My setup:
Base TT02
17.5T Motor
#10K Diffs F/R
Front Negative toe-in ~1degree
#500 Oil Dampers F/R with Tamiya Yellow Springs
6mm Rideheight
All else unadjustable.

Thanks!
Check and shim the slip out of the rear hubs, as left out of the box there’s so much slip that the torque from a hotish motor exaggerates rear toe out under power. Also run a thinner weight whatever in the rear diff. Slightly confused you’re mentioning 10k, you know the kit diffs aren’t intended to be used with fluid as they’re not sealed? 3Racing do make a fluid diff though so apologies if you have that. I find the weak link on the steering is usually the kit servo saver so either try an aftermarket one or even easier glue up the kit one so it’s solid and see if it helps. The TT02 isn’t really affected by torque reversal so doubt it’s that..