R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 07:52 PM
Brian Bosley
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheYankee0806
I would bet some sort of Pitch Control Mr. Bosley. The current car has no centerline hole near the motor mount in the chassis. So I speculate the 7.2 will have either a new motor mount for Pitch Control or Chassis with a center hole. My guess is a motor mount. Most of the AE guys were running pitch control at ROAR, but the pictures were always at an angle that you cannot see it. The other thing I saw was a unique bumper foam on a certain car. Also, were those custom battery tabs or something new in the works? Something else you see is the camber link stiffeners popping up for the black carpet. That may be something else coming. I dunno. I'm the most interested in the pitch control. Plus - when you're sick w/Crohns like I am - hunting for clues passes the time (althou the Team Associated facebook guy must hate me)
*And as I read this back, with a peanut gallery over my shoulder, please know that saying Mr. Bosley was being respectful to someone I didn't know, I was not mocking him. (And seriously, the world today thinks being polite is mocking?)
You really want to look at Randy's car to get an idea of whats being tested, nobody else ran anything odd.. I was pitting next to Ryan, his car was basic for sure although I'm pretty sure he was looking for 30 degree steering lock the entire weekend. You would really be shocked to know that the 7.1 as released is still really good, there really are no tricks other than DTC that are favored among all drivers. David Jun hasn't tested DTC very much so most of his setups are without it, he seems like he does well.

The bumpers are partially due to lack of stock, but our bumper is just too short for the type-s where we mount it. If you look, many of the common brands use our same body post width and such, very little foam work required.

The battery trick is either the short F6 post and some shims, or the medium F6 post and file the plastic mount down slightly for the 6000, the 8200 you need the medium mount plus shims. On my car, the top is carbon from the team titan wing mount, others just cut carbon from broken top decks or whatever they can find. No real specific thing needed except you want the battery to float maybe 1-2mm. We're also drilling the sides of the motor mount and servo mount to put a battery stop (countersunk screw and shims just past the belt) mid way up to help push the battery out to the plastic mounts.