R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC7 & TC7.1 Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 02:34 AM
TheYankee0806
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
I just checked and it let me add the car to my cart at teamassociated.com's site, usually they won't let you add out of stock items without saying they are. Says low inventory though and on small parts, that usually means like 5. I'm not sure what it means on kits. One of my friends shops hasn't been able to order the kits direct for a while, I think they are holding the last set to be ordered direct or maybe to the larger distributors only.

Fall is probably around the right time, it's for sure not early enough to persuade me from buying today if you want one especially knowing the low stock. I just built a new kit for Reedy. Ryan Cavalieri not only ran the fastest race of the 2017 Reedy race, but won the 2018 nationals last weekend and had almost no custom parts on his car. Rick Howart won with the same car in 2017, the 1UP DTC kit really brought some life back into the car, I can only imagine the engineers are having a tough time going faster with it and maintenance is already easy.
I would bet some sort of Pitch Control Mr. Bosley. The current car has no centerline hole near the motor mount in the chassis. So I speculate the 7.2 will have either a new motor mount for Pitch Control or Chassis with a center hole. My guess is a motor mount. Most of the AE guys were running pitch control at ROAR, but the pictures were always at an angle that you cannot see it. The other thing I saw was a unique bumper foam on a certain car. Also, were those custom battery tabs or something new in the works? Something else you see is the camber link stiffeners popping up for the black carpet. That may be something else coming. I dunno. I'm the most interested in the pitch control. Plus - when you're sick w/Crohns like I am - hunting for clues passes the time (althou the Team Associated facebook guy must hate me)
*And as I read this back, with a peanut gallery over my shoulder, please know that saying Mr. Bosley was being respectful to someone I didn't know, I was not mocking him. (And seriously, the world today thinks being polite is mocking?)

Last edited by TheYankee0806; 05-04-2018 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Clarification on being polite.