R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Soze's HoBao DC1 Kit Build
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 09:00 AM
soze
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Note: Stock the truck setup had a sort of imbalanced axle shift biased towards the driver's side. I've lengthened the panhard rod and steering link by 1mm by adding 0.5mm spacers to each side of the rod to balance the shift from side to side so that it's more equivalent in shift towards each side during the length of the suspension travel.

Well folks.... I'm onto the body, but it's going to take a while to get updates up as this part requires more careful handling since I'm not allowed to bring recently painted bodies into the house. I'll start posting as soon as I get started on putting the window decals on. The body is like building another kit in itself. Lots of parts, lots of hard plastic details. Only the seats are still lexan, and I can see why with all the other stuff likely making the body heavier.

Here's a list of some of the things the body entails that are usually extra "add-ons" that you need to buy for other kits.

1. Wheel wells
2. Fender Flares
3. Hard plastic dash and steering wheel
4. Windshield wipers
5. Rear Light Bucket
6. Snorkel
7. Hard plastic side trim instead of decal

Here's a preview of what's to come...

If you hate trimming bodies raise your hand. *raises hand*

Well good news. HoBao has trimmed and drilled all the holes for you so that you don't have to deal with trimming and screwing up.