R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Best Shaft? Pro-4, TC-4, or Yok SD? Opinions Requested!
Old 04-16-2005, 11:09 AM
muahaha
Tech Apprentice

Default Opinions...........

Sorry to butt in, but after some reading i cant help but to put some of my opinion on these car.

Pro4 is no doubt in my opinion the best set up car right out of the box. Car is solid but that about all. The biggest let down for me on this car is during setup, it's the hardest car to work on.

Tc4 have great potentials (Need That FT kit out). A very neutral and balance car, like it's predecessor. But like it's predecessors, the diff is still a major problem when running a mod, as the ring plate will wear the diff cup out if it's not adjust properly or it's too loose.

Yokomo SD would probably be the most confusing one of all with so many chassis to play with. CGM is recomended for carpet racing and track that have high bite, (if u want graphite, this car is loaded with them). It also requires the most prep time out of all 3 (just a minor annoyance) and some hop up to keep it consistently quick. Out of the box, the first things i would get for this car is the bumper (get the wide one). however i much prefer to use either a rayspeed chassis or a black lower deck and a silver top deck or better yet the SDW kit. An excellent car for the 19t class. Easiest car to work on too (my opinion).

All 3 car is good. If built and prep properly, all 3 car can be just as smooth and handle just as well. Durability of all 3 car is bout the same (just depend on where and how u drive the car). It all depend on which car appeals most to the buyers.

For me, the yoke got my vote. For some unexplainable reason, i always manage to find a setup for this car where ever i race at within a short amount of time (thou it wont be the best setup, but it'll keep me competitive enough). And with so many chassis setup to play with, heck what else can i say.