R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - First 1/8 Scale?
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 11:21 PM
fredygump
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by naki
Looking to get a new 1/8 scale for bashing. I'm leaning towards a buggy or truggy rather than something like a monster truck though. At first I was set on the ARRMA Typhon, but after all of the business surrounding Horizon Hobby and ARRMA, I'm worried about future parts support. I have also looked at building a kit like the EB48.4 but the idea of building a car from scratch is pretty intimidating. Any other suggestions? I'm primarily looking for durability.
If you are considering a kit, just do it. You will end up with a better vehicle. It isn't difficult to assemble. It does take time, but building a kit really isn't different from when you have to fix your car after something breaks. Besides, once you built it from the ground up, doing repairs won't seem intimidating.

And because you say bashing, you should already know that you want the Tekno.

The remaining question is, do you like backflips? If you like backflips, you want the MT410 (short wheel base truggy). If you just wanna go fast, the regular truggy is going to be a bit more stable. The truggy and mt410 are mostly the same, except for wheel base and body mounts.