R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Am I being a jerk?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 08:23 AM
gavoss
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Grabbem88, thanks for the comments but I think you are missing the point. If you knew me I think you'd have a different comment, but you don't know me.

My point is I didn't get what HE said I would get. That's the problem. I've been in RC for a very long time and I've had my share of good and bad deals. I was expecting to get a RTR truck and I didn't get one. I have NO idea what size pinion I need for this motor/spur gear setup. You don't either because you don't have enough information to make an educated decision as to what I need. If I told you what turn motor I have and what spur gear I have you could probably tell me, but being new to RC cars I have no idea what pinion I need. The screws, slime, box and body pins don't really phase me. Not knowing what pinion I need and who to trust as to its size is what my main concern. Even the seller didn't know!!

If you decided to start flying pattern lets say and you bought a plane and motor from me you'd expect I could tell you which prop to use even though I said I'd send one to you so you could get right in the air but I didn't. Then I would either send you the prop or reimburse you for a prop.

The point is one should get what he pays for and when someone says "you'll get everything in the photo" then by God he should get what they AGREED upon.

I'm not upset by your comment BTW so don't take my comments like I'm attacking you as I'm not. I just think we should get what we pay for and agree upon. I DID ask the right questions but I didn't get what i ordered. Do you agree?